Friday 4 February 2011

1.

This is...wonky. This is a charcoal experiment gone wrong.. Amazingly, despite the fact that I usually draw EVERY DAY, as soon as I realised it was Feb 1st and I'd said I was going to draw stuff all month, every single tiny piece of inspiration fled my mind.
Here is what happened to me on February the first.
I woke up at home in Carlisle, Johnny woke me up early to say goodbye and went to work and then I got on a bus and sat on the bus for nearly 8 hours until I was back in London. I then got on the Victoria line and changed onto the Jubilee line. About 2 stops on, the train stops and we're told there's a delay. Several times. Then we hear announcements from the platform that the line is suspended. Then announcements from the driver that we'll leave soon. Then he says we're leaving in a minute and will tell us when he gets more news, interrupting himself with a 'hang on a minute...' followed by silence and a few minutes later, him going 'bad news, guys. This train needs to be empty. You can get on the one after this.'
So we all got off of the train and waited patiently on the platform, the announcements changing from 'IT'S SUSPENDED' to 'THERE IS A TRAIN COMING FOR YOU.'
A man next to me in a leather jacket holding a helmet struck up conversations with people around as easily as if they were his friends and they talked and stuff until the train eventually did come and EVERYONE from the previous train joined EVERYONE on the new train and it was packed. Then nearly everyone inexplicably got off at Bermondsey and Motorbike Dude sat down next to a pissed off looking woman and accidentally brushed her arm and then apologised. Her face immediately softened and she said it was okay and then they started talking as though they'd been friends for years. I decided that either he just knew everyone, or he was magic and people just talked to him. The latter was confirmed when she asked him if he really had a bike or if he just carried the helmet around for looks. It was very unexpected because...is anyone on the Underground ever usually nice? I think he probably was magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment