Friday 4 February 2011

3.

Random doodling done during some TV watching.
On the 3rd, yesterday, I watched Blue Valentine and watched Gala Darling's RSL webcast.
'Blue Valentine' is a fantastic movie. Depressing, though. It's about the ending of a marriage. It's set over a couple of days but includes a lot of flashbacks. It reminded me, in part, of 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' (my favourite movie ever)...but more realistic.
The webcast was something too. A lot about being better to yourself and about yourself and also about being better to other people. She mentioned this quote, which I thought was really good and probably something to think about for a lot of us:
"As I began living my turnarounds, I noticed that I was everything I called you. You were merely
my projection. Now, instead of trying to change the world around me (this didn't work, but only for
43 years), I can put the thoughts on paper, investigate them, turn them around, and find that I am
the very thing I thought you were. In the moment I see you as selfish, I am selfish (deciding how
you should be). In the moment I see you as unkind, I am unkind. If I believe you should stop
waging war, I am waging war on you in my mind."
— Byron Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment